How can i revert to a previous Open edX version?

After a successful install of ironwood.master - how can one revert to ironwood.2 or even a previous hawthorne version?

What I have tried so far:

1. I saw an option in lms.env.json and cms.env.json to change the version so I have changed this and then compiled assets via pavel. Once completed I then rebooted but unfortunately this didn’twork

2. I then tried checking out a the open-release/ironwood.2 branch. When I entered the following command: sudo git rebase master command I came into significant errors that I kept having to skip.

Can someone tell me what is the best way to do this without having to launch a fresh instance and a fresh install?

@kribby, is here a reason you want to revert to ironwood.2? ironwood.master. The security and bug fixes are merged to the ironwood.master branch and it is recommended to run that. You can see the comparison between the open-release/ironwood.2 tag and the open-release/ironwood.master branch here.

1 Like

@guruprasad No particular reason - just would like to know if there is a way to do this?
Sometimes the .master version has some bugs and it would be good to know how revert to a previous version.