How to change the honor certificate template, in the "Quince" version (17)

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on customizing certificate templates for my courses. I have already uploaded the template images and assigned them to the course, but I am encountering issues with making the custom templates reflect properly. The system still shows the default template, and the changes are not being applied.

Here are the steps I’ve taken so far:

1. Uploaded the certificate template images and configured them in the system.
  2. Assigned the templates to the specific course.
  3. Verified the paths and settings for the images.

Despite these steps, the certificate that is being generated is still using the default template instead of the custom one.

Could someone please guide me on how to properly configure and enable custom certificate templates? Are there additional settings or configurations required to ensure the custom templates are applied correctly?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

Hello, welcome, of course to configure your certificate you must modify the file
found in
env/build/openedx/themes/theme/lms/templates/certificates/_accomplishment-rendering.html
and you can call the image variables from there for example

<%
logo = context.get(“logo”, “logo”)
%>

then to display them
logo

You upload them in the admin
Home › Certificates › Certificate template assets

and from Studio
in Advanced Settings you look for Certificate Web/HTML View Overrides
and there you upload the Json for example:

{
“logo”: “logo”
}

Once you have made all the changes you upload that file to production and that’s it

Hello @jimenez

It sounds like you’ve already covered most of the necessary steps. Based on what Juan-Carlos mentioned, one thing that might be missing is ensuring that the custom template is set to “Active” in the field configuration.

I hope this can be useful.

Hello, thank you very much for your comments.

I was following the recommendations they gave me @Juan-Carlos , @CatalinaMoralesor but the changes are not noticeable. I did it from the file that @Juan-Carlos says but it makes the change for all certificates. What I would like to do is change the honor certificate template, I already tried it from /admin, in the certificate template but the changes are not reflected, I have the checkbox activated so that the custom template is applied for a course and a mode, but it doesn’t. The change is reflected when you preview the certificate.

It is worth mentioning that I also already have the static image in certificate template assets, but even if I put the reference in the certificate template html it is not reflected, I don’t know if I am missing something to add