How to disable course progress tracking in Maple now that there's MFE + a missing waffle flag?

I found that students got confused by the course completion tracking, because it wouldn’t accurately keep track of their progress. So I had them switch over to manually marking sections as complete, and counting that towards their grade.

Previously in Lilac I would disable or delete the “completion.enable_completion_tracking” waffle flag in Django. Now that doesn’t seem to be present, and I’ve got the completion tracking + the grade (where the grade is accurate and the completion tracking isn’t). How can I re-disable completion tracking (both the circle checkmarks + on the Progress page), now that completion.enable_completion_tracking doesn’t seem to be present?

2 Likes

I’ve got the same question for Nutmeg. Anyone figured this out yet?

I am working in nutmeg and I’m able to disable completion_tracking.
In django admin go to waffle switch section, " /admin/waffle/switch/".
Add “completion.enable_completion_tracking” if switch does not exist.
Works for me.
Thanks.

@chintansanganis That switch seems to be present in my setup, but the box for “active” is unchecked. Are you saying I should check the box to make it active, and that would disable it? (Because that would be a bit counterintuitive.) Or I should delete the switch all together? (Because I just did that and it still acts like its enabled.)

Because the problem is that the completion tracking is currently acting like it’s enabled, even if that “active” box is unchecked, which is strange…

@chintansanganis I’m still looking for a solution here. I have it set as the below:

But students still see the empty checkmarks, which say “incomplete” when hovered over.