How to set links in the feedback texts of markdown components

Hey there,
We have encountered a problem with the Checkboxes and Multiple Choice with Hints and Feedback components.
We wanted to put links in the feedback and answer texts. However, when we do this with the usual markdown notation, they are not identified or output as links.

We have already activated the plugin mentioned in this thread https://discuss.openedx.org/t/bug-in-markdown-plugin-where-it-wont-work-with-urls-that-have-a-in-them-like-course-about-links/5219/8 and still it does not work.

Putting links in other markdown components works though.

Is it a known problem?
And does anyone know a solution for it?

Feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and appreciated!!

Hi Nicole, would you please give an example of what you want to do?

Hey Andrés,
of course, I will share some screenshots:
this is a screenshot of the component “Checkbox with Hints and Feedbacks” in Studio

this is a screenshot of the component “Checkbox with Hints and Feedbacks” in Studio when hitting the button “Edit”

this is a screenshot of the component “Checkbox with Hints and Feedbacks” in Studio, when submitting wrong answers. The student receives a feedback incl. a link which unfortunately gets not displayed like a hyperlink.

Thanks, nicole

Just to mention it, the “plugin” — which the thread you cited is referring to — is a separate XBlock. In other words, you shouldn’t expect its functionality (or configuration) to apply in other XBlocks, XModules, or Components — like Problem Components, which is what you are using.

What the documentation mentions as Markdown formatting for those Problem Components has nothing to do with the Markdown XBlock. I’m not sure if links in Problem feedback are expected to work, but if they are not, enabling the Markdown XBlock won’t change that. :slight_smile:

Conversely, as you mention, in units/verticals where you use the actual Markdown XBlock, links should work just fine.

Hi Nicole,
Were you able to find a solution? I tested and looks like markdown (or html tags) are not supported in the hints. Looks like something that could be fixed, as tips and other parts do support this kind of content.

Hey Andrés, thanks for your comment. No, unfortunately we still haven’t found any solution.