Is it possible to add custom HTML and JavaScript to openedx registration form?

We want to make a custom registration with the same EDX fields and in addition an optional checkbox that open an iframe for optional monthly payment
for our social movement.

Hi @Yaniv_Gershon,

You can actually extend the registration form in the Open edX platform to include additional fields using the custom registration form implementation documented to here:

https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/edx-installing-configuring-and-running/en/latest/configuration/customize_registration_page.html

If you wanā€™t to go more custom than that and embed an iframe in the registration form, youā€™ll need to override the registration form template (preferably through a comprehensive theme).
These are the files you should edit:
login_and_register.html
register.underscore

Note: thereā€™s an ongoing rework of the platformā€™s frontend and this page might be deprecated soon.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! @giovannicimolin
It answered us the question of whether it is possible, and I understand that it is.
I wanted to understand more about ā€œthereā€™s an ongoing rework of the platformā€™s frontendā€
before doing the changes we also want to upgrade to Juniper version of OpenEDX
How will the upgrade affect?

@Yaniv_Gershon The Juniper release still has those files, so thereā€™s no problem modifying them there.

Hello @Yaniv_Gershon @giovannicimolin @guruprasad
I use a tutor dockerized installation of open edx juniper. dev.mooc.edu.gr
I would like to ask something if you can please help.
How can i activate this option on the registration page?

to have a check mark to agree before terms and conditions.

p.s I would like to ask something else too about the registration page.

dev.mooc.edu.gr

Ī£ĻĪ½Ī“ĪµĻƒĪ· Ī® Ī•Ī³Ī³ĻĪ±Ļ†Ī® | mooc.edu.gr Open edX

The registartion button has a string that ignores my custom po translations, do you know why this might happening? Iā€™ve made other translations that works normally, but this one not, it has the translation that is stored on the the github and not mine

Thank you in advance

I donā€™t know, how much below link will help you but I guess, It is what you are looking into

1 Like

and if u need to customize with CSS in registration form u can do it on the register.underscore and change.