Kubernetes howtos?

Hi, I am just now playing with the Open edX Native installation, following the guide for Ubuntu 16.04. My next step, once I start figuring out how everything works locally, is going to try to run the Dockerized version of the platform.

I saw Kubernetes mentioned in some discussions, and I have a question: are there any howtos about how to deploy Open edX in a Kubernetes cluster? I would be willing to be a guinea pig for any documentation you might have. I have pretty good Kubernetes experience.

Thanks!

Grig

P.S. Hi Ned! Small world! Hope to see you at a PyCon soon.

Grig, what’s up? What brought you to the Open edX world?

Hi Ned! I am thinking of putting together some courses online, and I thought I’d see how easy or hard it would be to launch my own platform based on Open edX. It’s not easy for sure, but it may be worth it. I have a lot of experience with hosting sites in the cloud, so I’m not going to give up easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @griggheo ,
Got any solution for this? If yes, please share the details of using kubernetes to deploy Openedx.
If No, where are you stuck right now?

your reply would really help many!!!

Hi
My team is proposed to migrate the current infrastructure with a tutor to support Kubernetes + Helm.

And maybe use Google Cloud Sql to replace the container of MySql

If you have any info or suggestions, I would be very happy to share this info with me.

I will update this thread when something interesting happens

1 Like

Hi Juan,

how is journey with Tutor and Kubernetes on Google Cloud?
I am thinking of choose a distribution to deploy to Google Cloud. Tutor is on top of my list