Lilac Native installation error

Hi Dear All, I’m fresher in edx installation and facing many errors of lilac.master installation. I’m not friendly with the used Tutor for the Maple version and I don’t need the Maple version. I want only native installation with lilac and koa versions. I’m trying this installation for 3 days but it’s not ok. Pls help me and give me advice. Many Thanks.

This is error .I can’t attach file and photo cus I,m a new user of this channel. So I share with this. Thanks
Ansible failed!

Decoded error:
== Unknown keys ======================
ansible_loop_var: ‘item’
== cmd ===========================
test ! -e “/edx/app/ecommerce/ecommerce” || git -C "/edx/app/ecommerce/ecommerce " status --porcelain --untracked-files=no
== msg ===========================
non-zero return code
== stderr ===========================
fatal: unsafe repository (’/edx/app/ecommerce/ecommerce’ is owned by someone els e)
To add an exception for this directory, call:

git config --global --add safe.directory /edx/app/ecommerce/ecommerce

============================================================
Installation failed!

If you need help, see Connect – Open edX .
When asking for help, please provide as much information as you can.
These might be helpful:
Your log file is at /root/logs/install-20220518-094928.log
Your environment:
OPENEDX_RELEASE=open-release/lilac.master

TASK [git_clone : Run git clean after checking out code] ***********************
failed: [localhost] (item=None) => {“censored”: “the output has been hidden due to the fact that ‘no_log: true’ was specified for this result”, “changed”: true}
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“censored”: “the output has been hidden due to the fact that ‘no_log: true’ was specified for this result”, “changed”: true}

RUNNING HANDLER [redis : reload redis] *****************************************

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=302 changed=159 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=651 rescued=0 ignored=3

Ansible failed!

Decoded error:
== censored ===========================
the output has been hidden due to the fact that ‘no_log: true’ was specified for this result

Installation failed!

These might be helpful:
Your log file is at /root/logs/install-20220518-065047.log
Your environment:

Installation finished at 2022-05-18 07:51:03

TASK [mysql : add the mysql signing key] ***************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “id”: “8C718D3B5072E1F5”, “msg”: “key does not seem to have been added”}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=58 changed=27 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=186 rescued=0 ignored=1

Ansible failed!

Decoded error:
== Unknown keys ======================
id: ‘8C718D3B5072E1F5’
key does not seem to have been added

Installation failed!

These might be helpful:
Your log file is at /root/logs/install-20220518-063306.log
Your environment:

Installation finished at 2022-05-18 06:37:04

TASK [mongo_4_0 : install python pymongo for mongo_user ansible module] ********
changed: [localhost]

TASK [mongo_4_0 : add source list to install libssl1.0.0] **********************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “msg”: “Failed to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/: E:Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock. It is held by process 125376 (python)”}

localhost : ok=69 changed=15 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=219 rescued=0 ignored=0

Ansible failed!

Decoded error:
Failed to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/: E:Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock. It is held by process 125376 (python)

Installation failed!

These might be helpful:
Your log file is at /root/logs/install-20220518-094703.log
Your environment:

Installation finished at 2022-05-18 09:49:11

when I fix one error and run again script, new error is comes. I’m not really not ok. pls help

If the problem is with Maple, you can try to install Tutor Lilac, simply install the latest version of Tutor 12. Releases · overhangio/tutor · GitHub

The new TVM tool might be helpful for installing that specific version: TVM: Tutor Version Manager

1 Like

pls , can u share me step by step installation of Maple with Tutor?

I recently wrote a guide on edx-platform forks with Tutor FAQ: Running an edx-platform Fork with Tutor - #2 by uetuluk.

You can follow until section 2.1 and you should be good to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.