Need help reinstalling tutor and Open edX [Repost]

Reposting cause the old one didn’t get any responses.

My files got corrupted and I wanted to reinstall tutor and edx. I didn’t know about this back then. So I manually deleted the files and that created more issues. Those files cannot be deleted. Some processes are running in the background making those files appear again with root access.

I tried finding the processes and killing them using PIDs but nothing changed. I have two issues to work on but I’m unable to do so because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need more information in order to figure out how to fix this, please say so.

Edit-1: I tried reinstalling tutor and edx ignoring the previous ones but that caused permission errors since my older tutor files were not deleted properly. So a clean re-install seems to be a good solution atm.

Hi @mehedikhan!

All tutor information is stored in the env and data directories in the Tutor root path. If you delete them you can recreate your platform from the config.yml file. Assuming you have a basic Tutor local installation that should recreate your platform from scratch. I wonder which files you got corrupted so you want to reinstall everyting.

Hi @Andres.Aulasneo . I did fix it. Turns out docker containers were responsible for recreating the files.

Now that I think about it, the idea of a fresh install surely was bad. Should have come around a different solution.

1 Like