Operator Input: Use of the Course Entitlement Feature

We are interested in understanding how many members of the community are using the Open edX course entitlement feature.

Open edX Platform: https://github.dev/openedx/edx-platform/blob/master/common/djangoapps/entitlements/models.py#L155

Ecommerce: ecommerce/constants.py at 589be8607d6fc88d9601c928eb82e7ab596ac754 · openedx/ecommerce · GitHub

Please reply to this thread if you are using this feature. If you can also provide some details of how you are using it, that would be especially helpful.

I will assume that no one is using this feature today. Thus it will be considered a non-requirement for a community interface to external commerce systems. @sambapete pinging you specifically in case you have input.

1 Like

Thanks @e0d

Technically not using this feature as of today.

We do not have a concept of a right to buy a course. We only use the “regular” flow of student buys course when course is on sale. That’s why I didn’t comment on your original post.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean by entitlement. It sounds more like a reservation system or a put something aside than can be bought later on if the student chooses to buy it.