SITE OPERATORS -- Do you run these services (Registrar, etc) as part of your Open edX instance?

[edited]

Hello :wave: We are trying to get a sense of whether anybody outside of edX.org uses this IDA (independently deployable django application):

We are also still curious whether anyone who didn’t respond to Feanil’s thread a few months ago uses these IDAs:

In order to free up maintenance time for the most important code, Axim is considering proposing each Django application listed above for deprecation. For each app accepted for deprecation, 2U would fork it (possibly privately) and manage future development internally. Eventually, references to it would need to be removed from Open edX core code.

So, if you use these applications and would like to continue to see them remain as part of the Open edX project, please speak up! :loud_sound:

@Agrendalath @arunmozhi ^

It’s come to my attention that Feanil already asked an almost-identical question: Enterprise Usage Discovery . All the responses there will be taken into account.

The only new item on this thread is Registrar, so please let me know if you use that.

That said, if anyone missed Feanil’s thread on the enterprise repositories, here’s one last chance to speak up.

@kmccormick I have already responded to the Enterprise related stuff already.

And no, we don’t use the Registrar service.

1 Like

@Andrey @johanv26 would you mind checking the list here esp. for the license manager.

1 Like

Hi @omar, thanks for the heads-up! However, we removed all the license-manager/enterprise integration in our last migration. Regarding Registrar, we’ve never used that.

1 Like
1 Like