Trouble with "publish" functionality (on maple)

I’m an experienced systems programmer but new to OpenEdx/tutor, having inherited an install of this from someone else. Right now we’re having trouble with the “Publish” functionality, which apparently never was tested before the previous person left; we’re getting a “Studio’s having trouble saving your work” popup at the bottom.

We installed using the AMI, and are using the maple version of OpenEdx, and having browsed this forum a little bit to try to learn how to debug things, I’m seeing something like this in the logs for the cms_1 container/component:

Blockquote
cms_1 | File “/openedx/edx- platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/modulestore/split_mongo/split_draft.py”, line 375, in publish
​​cms_1 | super().copy(
​​> cms_1 | File “/openedx/edx-platform/common/lib/xmodule/xmodule/modulestore/split_mongo/split.py”, line 2315, in copy
​​cms_1 | raise ItemNotFoundError(parents)
​​cms_1 | xmodule.modulestore.exceptions.ItemNotFoundError: [BlockKey(type=‘sequential’, id=‘63df8db6e53641df986c135180524836’)]

Chances are whatever misconfiguration led to this is something that never was done right but we didn’t catch it after the initial install. Any advice on how to debug next would be appreciated

At a first glance I read the error message, looks like it is a problem of blocks missing which it feels should exist. Did you try to create a new course and publish it? I think that should work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.