Tutor Email not sending

Hi
Open edX Tutor development mode is working fine in ubuntu 20 machine. But on the registration of new user, email is not sending . Can anyone give me suggestions to fix the problem.Sign in is also possible without activation in development mode. Admin side is also working fine. gmail smtp tutor local command will send test email properly, but in registration, it will not send email. Can suggest me solutions to fix the mailing problem.
Thanks in advance
Cigi

I believe that the development mode uses a file based EmailBackend. So the emails are stored on the file system rather than being sent. Check the EMAIL_BACKEND setting.

tutor dev run cms ./manage.py lms shell

Python 3.8.6 (default, Jun  6 2022, 11:21:13) 
Type 'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more information
IPython 7.27.0 -- An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.

In [1]: from django.conf import settings

In [2]: settings.EMAIL_BACKEND
Out[2]: 'django.core.mail.backends.filebased.EmailBackend'

Thanks Twlichty
Yes , it is file based.
Is it working fine in production environment.
can you suggest me also regarding this mail sending

I believe that you can set this in the config.yml file (NOTE: I have not tested this):

EMAIL_BACKEND: django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend

The run tutor config save and rebuild your images.

Have updated config yml file, and checked again, but not sending email from tutor dev version, is it working in production, can you suggest other options

Can you track/send the logs the moment you make an event which require an email to be sent.

Not at all making any separate event, but on registration and forgot password submission, not receiving any email. We can login without activating the user and the staff account is disabled by default in admin side.

What I mean is what are the logs? So when you try to reset password, at this point can you share the logs…

You have to set this at the end of env/apps/openedx/settings/lms/development.py (or make a tutor plugin to patch the file).

EMAIL_BACKEND = "django.core.mail.backends.smtp.EmailBackend"

It won’t work in config.yml.