Uh oh, we are having some server issues

Hi,
I need help with errors from cms and lms just keep restarting and i get " Uh oh, we are having some server issues…"

when i check status- /edx/bin/supervisorctl status-
edxapp_worker:cms_high_1 STARTING
edxapp:cms STARTING
edxapp_worker:lms_high_mem_1 STARTING
edxapp_worker:lms_low_1 STARTING

Errors in loop:
tail -f cms_high_1-stderr.log-
File “/edx/app/edxapp/venvs/edxapp/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/polynomial.py”, line 11, in
import numpy.core.numeric as NX
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘core’

when i run
source /edx/app/edxapp/venvs/edxapp/bin/activate
python
import numpy.core.numeric as NX
i have no problem, any idea?

any idea how to make sure the environment configured correctly?
looks like env issue to me

@Alim, welcome to the forum.

Do you mind giving a bit more context on your problem, please? Such as, to start with, what release is it that you’ve installed (Lilac?), and with what method (Native, Tutor, or something else).

I need to migrate old edx server to AWS, i think it is Dogwood Fullstack.
no one knows a lot about it, i rsync everything but the boot drive
and it looks like lms and crm will start with error loop:
“import numpy.core.numeric as NX
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘core’”
i wounder if anything i can do to check, edx setup looks a bit complex to me,

This is a 5 year-old release, and extremely unlikely to work when installed from scratch. If nothing else, for python dependency problems such as the one you’re running into. I highly recommend you investigate the possibility of upgrading to the latest one, Lilac.

thanks, however at this time this is not a option.
we only need to move existing server from A to B
i wounder the startup process of supervisor, it load CMS and LMS but where/which of the python environments is loading and from where? is there any documentation for that?

The LMS and Studio share a venv, and on a native installation it resides in /edx/app/edxapp/venvs/edxapp. If you have no other choice, copying that over from a working system would probably help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.