I’m trying to set up a Open edX platform using devstack. Slowly but surely I’m getting the hang of it, so thats a good sign. Now got it all up and running with our own cloned repo’s we wanted to log into the studio. Unfortunately it redirects to the lms via the following url:
I already tried to search for an answering and came by several answers from a couple of months ago telling me that I should change the ‘SITE_NAME’ value to our own ip/domain in the lms.yml & studio.yml files. Now I changed the 2 values: files within the containers, both the studio and lms containers.
Restarted it using make dev.restart-container and checked, still the same redirect. Also double checked if the changes are still persistent, and they are.
Now maybe I’m missing some conceptual thoughts about this but I’m sure there is something fairly easy I’m missing out of right now. My idea is the following:
- Follow the ‘getting started’ devstack guide
- Change the ‘repos.sh’ file from devstack repo and make it point towards our own cloned repo’s
- Now we can make changes in our own git repo’s, push them to git
- If we want to take it to the next stage of development, say from dev to beta, we can build our own images and place them in our registry
- For production we can ‘simply’ make images from the needed services and get them running using a ci/cd pipeline(?).
Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!