xAPI implementation

Could you please explain what kind of errors you are facing?

Hey @Zia_Fazal I have mailed Aamir a screenshot of the errors and we are awaiting a demo video from Aamir about the installation.

Hey @arbrandes Do you know of any other alternatives to install xAPI on Open edX. We unfortunately weren’t successful in installing edly’s plugin since our event-routing-backends version is 1.0.0 and the plugin supports v1.1.1. We won’t be able to upgrade as it would disturb our existing data and structure.

Based on what I know, the options @arbrandes (mentioned below) are the only two options available at the moment.

The other methods would be creating similar management commands to the ones available with the edX enterprise service.

Forwarding logs and generating the necessary xAPI events from the logs should also be possible.

If you’re interested in specific Open edX that might appear only in the frontend (since certain events take place both in the frontend and backend), you can hijack those frontend events using jQuery’s ajax and send them to your infrastructure as xAPI events as well.

All these solutions are possible and can be created separately from the edX platform and its code-base. It will depend on the format of the events, though.

I should mention, though, that these solutions aren’t really recommended. The library @Zia_Fazal and @Zia_Fazal’s team created is supposed to be the proper way to address xAPI integration.

But, yeah, these are some of the work-arounds we’ve considered or done at OpenCraft for some of our clients before OEP-26 was implemented.

I hope that helps :smiley: