Activation email for CMS not received. Can it be resent somehow?

I am testing tutor and edX prior to installing it on my server using the default domain, but my gmail account. I cannot get past the verification email. It says:
We need to verify your email address

Almost there! In order to complete your sign up we need you to verify your email address (kl7na.pskmail@gmail.com). An activation message and next steps should be waiting for you there.

However, I never got the email, and cannot figure out how to get in resent. I have edited the EMAIL settings in ~/.local/share/tutor/env/apps/openedx/config/cms.env.yml to use smtp.gmail.com and port 465, but I suspect the email was sent long ago and I never got it. How can I get it to send it again?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob

Please refer to the instructions here: Using Google Mail as an SMTP server — Tutor documentation
There are details there to prepare your account for 2FA if you don’t already have it set up, this is a relatively new requirement as the legacy password auth is dropped, you must use “app specific passwords” (only available with 2FA enabled).

You should preferably avoid manually editing the [cms/lms].env.yml files as tutor config save command will update these files for you based on the values stored in config.yml so manual edits may be subject to being overwritten in future.

Thanks Joel,
I was previously able to follow the instructions for using SMTP with Google, and the test message was sent successfully, but the cms.env.yml file had feature variables that did not point to using Google’s smtp, as I expected. I never got the confirmation email from the CMS, probably because it was sent before I changed to the Google SMTP. I suspect I should uninstall, reinstall from scratch and see if I can get the email starting from Google.
Thanks,
Rob