Find the full report attached or in Listaflow for your convenience: https://www.listaflow.com/
Here’s a link to the community public calendar: Open edX Working Group Calendar
|Is there anything where you could use help from others? Or that you would like to collaborate on?||User|
|One of the next steps for community TOC members will be to iterate over the TOC election rules - so if you haven’t already, it’s the last occasion to comment on Elections - Additional feedback?||Xavier Antoviaque|
|I’m receiving the reminder for this checking late on Friday when I no longer see the email. Then I’m answering sometime on Monday when it is late already. Anyone else having this issue?||@Felipe|
|Retrospective - Improvements||User|
|In hindsight, I could’ve spent more time thinking of meaningful/interesting discussion points to add to the AMEA meeting agenda. That may encourage more community members to attend. Same goes for agendas of other community meet-ups.||@ali_hugo|
|I merged a PR last week (feat: added organization dropdown in studio by Ian2012 · Pull Request #30975 · openedx/edx-platform · GitHub), which added a dropdown for organizations in studio. I tried testing the feature thoroughly, but it still caused some issues for instructors on edx.org. The error happened when turning on the feature flag: SPLIT_LIBRARY_ON_DASHBOARD, which we missed completely, since that flag is turned off by default and unittests didn’t catch it. Anyway, I wonder if we could’ve caught that earlier or our QA could’ve been better. I’ll keep this in mind for future contributions.||@mgmdi|
|Retrospective - Blockers||User|
|personal blockers. Less time to contribute and a failing personal machine.||@ARMBouhali|
|Retrospective - What went well these last two weeks / sprint?||User|
|I was able to attend 2 community meetings, and have a better feeling for the PR product review process.||Ali Hugo|
|What did you accomplish in the last two weeks (aka “current sprint”)? (Optional)||User|
|Made progress on Spike: Integrate Superset with Clickhouse storing xAPI events #30 – superset + clickhouse installed with demo xAPI events.||@jill|
|- Performed a product review on PR #6820
- Attended the Product Working Group Meeting
- Organised and attended the AMEA meet-up, and posted a recording and summary afterwards
|- participated in the helm for large instances meeting and ensuing discussion.
- merged OEP-45 :: ADR-002: Deploying Open edX on Kubernetes Using Helm by bradenmacdonald · Pull Request #372 · openedx/open-edx-proposals · GitHub
- created [GH Request] Create group to manage CC access to openedx-k8s-harmony · Issue #665 · openedx/tcril-engineering · GitHub to get the permissions sorted out for the harmony CC program
- reviewed edx-platform/pull/31431 and helped it get ready for merging
|- Create DevOps subgroup - Register the group as a formal working group - Discovery · Issue #12 · openedx/openedx-k8s-harmony · GitHub
- OEP-54 Scope PR - Chase merge blockers - https://github.com/openedx/open-edx-proposals/pull/417
- Start preparing conference talk - Talks preparation · Issue #89 · openedx/wg-community · GitHub
- Upstreaming course - Review suggestions & PR - Community-maintained onboarding courses · Issue #11 · openedx/wg-community · GitHub
- TOC Meeting - Prepare & attend
- Review forums: Internal & official
- Core sprints - Attend & post answers to questions - Contributor's Meetup 2023-01-24 · Issue #85 · openedx/wg-community · GitHub
|Mostly attended meetings or watched recording of meetings.
Tried answering a few posts on Discourse.
Browsed through Slack channels.
Reviewed / Translated a few string for fr_CA in Transifex.
Away for 2 days on vacation (Feb 16-17).
|Continued work on issue 249 of event-routing-backend||@Zia_Fazal|
|- (team) review of https://github.com/openedx/edx-platform/pull/31588 – planning to merge on 2/20
- reviewed updates to the release notes process on the wiki page Process to Create an Open edX Release
|Our helm chart project has a new name, openedx-k8s-harmony : GitHub - openedx/openedx-k8s-harmony: A Prototype Helm Chart for deploying multiple Open edX instances (via Tutor) onto a cluster.||@braden|
|What will you work on for during the next two weeks / sprint? (Optional)||User|
|Finish Spike: Integrate Superset with Clickhouse storing xAPI events #30 – create superset dashboard + charts to display problem_check events.||Jill Vogel|
|- merge some community PRs and do a release of edx-sga xBlock.
- review readmes for repos likely to be included in the palm release to provide better context in the release notes.
- get feat: add course mode expiration explicit to admin by collinpreston · Pull Request #31289 · openedx/edx-platform · GitHub merged
|Unknown at this time.||Pierre Mailhot|
|I will be keeping an eye on the list of PR’s ready for product review and reviewing the ones I can.||Ali Hugo|
|- Contributors WG - Groom github board & tickets
- Contributors working group creation - Write draft
- Elections - Reply & draft proposal
- Upstreaming course - Remote sprint
- DevOps WG - Attend meeting & follow-up
- Core sprints - Attend & post answers to questions