Ecommerce dashboard missing demo course in the course drop-down during new product creation

My apologies I’m asking a question too basic. I"m new to Open edX and I’m learning on the run as I’d like to run the platform to serve Africa’s eLearning needs. I installed a sandbox for myself using the Tutor Open edX local path and it mostly ran fine with the exception of ecommerce failing to show the demo (course-v1:edX+DemoX+Demo_Course) course so I can create a product and that ecommerce works successfully without issues.
Can you help guide me on where to look to fix the problem so that course drop-down in ecommerce (Oscar) shows the demo course for selection during the creation of a product in ecommerce dashboard.

Kind regards,
J. Napo Mokoetle

The Demo Course is normally a free course and is not included per default in ecommerce.

Have you tried adding the course to ecommerce?

You can add a course in ecommerce through the course administration tool.

For example, if your instance is my-site.com, you would use ecommerce.my-site.com/courses/ to add a new course to ecommerce.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your swift, kind and knowledgeable response. Your response was very helpful as I doubt I could have been able to find that solution.

1 Like

You might want to look at the following thread concerning the deprecation of ecommerce and the future of commerce coordinator. From what I understand this might not happen before the Redwood release (the current Open edX release is Palm with Quince coming up in December 2023 and Redwood in June 2024).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.