My Studio isnt loading. Server error

Hello I cannot access my studio on port 18010. this is not a local installation. its running on a private server. I cannot access port 18010 but I can access everything including Django admin. it was working till a few days ago. Port 18010 is allowed in the security group settings.

I ran “sudo tail -f /edx/var/log/{lms,cms,nginx}/*log”

see github gist link to the logs

Hi @ayobuba is this is a local installation or are you running on cloud?

The first thing you check is /edx/var/log/cms/edx.log. If there isn’t any valuable information in the logs, you might want to see if you’re accepting connections on port 18010. This depends on your cloud provider’s security group configuration.

Hello @ndixit01 ,

this is not a local installation. its running on a private server. I cannot access port 18010 but I can access everything including django admin. it was working till a few days ago. Port 18010 is allowed in the security group settings .

I ran “sudo tail -f /edx/var/log/{lms,cms,nginx}/*log”

Please see below

Please read How To Get Help (click the link in the preview pane to the right) before asking a question, thanks, then delete this text!

You should attend to this message and when you fully understand, replace it with your question. If you do so, you would not send a screenshot which is not searchable. For a long text like this you can use pastebin or gist. These tips and others are in How to get help. Please read it.
Thank you

I have done this. can you assist?

I see that port 18010 serves the “sinking ship” image. You might need to tail those log files immediately after visiting that page to be sure the error is recent enough to be at the end of the file.

I have tailed it.

Hello @ayobuba, did you ever solve this? I am now getting the same error.

Thanks,
Brenton

Hello brenton , I never solved it . I had to back up my modules are reinstall everything before it worked

1 Like