Poll: Can we create a "Community News" category?

I’m creating this thread to see if the community is interested in creating a “News” or “Community News” category/section on this forum.

Many community members generate content and news about the Open edX world (i.e. the Open edX blog, OpenCraft blog and newsletter, etc.). I’m proposing that we create a section on this forum where all providers and community members can post their latest news. What do you think?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Perhaps we can replace the existing “Blog” category with “Community News”, and the Open edX Blog would then become one of many news sources?

4 Likes

@nedbat what do you think? Can you vote? :stuck_out_tongue:

I already did vote :slight_smile:

Thanks @nedbat and everyone else who voted. Would it be possible to create the new category? I’d suggest to have it nested under “Community”. Also, I’m happy to volunteer as a moderator for this category if needed. Happy to help, and let me know!

Look: A Community - News category!

I didn’t create the “about topic” for it. @gabrieldamours can do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! :smiley: (post needs 20 characters)

@nedbat will you give me permission to actually edit your post for the About topic, or do you want me to send you a description over Slack (might be easier)? Up to you.

I’ve made you the owner of that post. Some day I will understand how to administer Discourse properly :slight_smile:

1 Like