tCRIL Funded Contribution - WooCommerce Discovery

Hello everyone! tCRIL is pleased to announce a new contribution project to help advance the Open edX platform. This project aims to do some discovery and build a reference implementation for integration the Open edX platform with WooCommerce as the commerce system. We are seeking proposals from existing community members as well as qualified organizations looking for a first project to join the community. All proposals from providers interested in undertaking this work must be submitted by March 6th, 2023 and tCRIL expects to choose a provider by March 15th, 2023.

The Open edX community currently uses the ecommerce repo to manage commerce related tasks. However that repo is in the process of being deprecated. 2U is currently building a next generation commerce platform (commerce-coordinator) that is extensible and pluggable. However this platform may be more complex and require more technical capabilities than all operators have. We want to see what it would look like to try to integrate the Open edX platform directly with a 3rd party commerce platform that we do not need to maintain. Is there a possibility that we can have a simple implementation that will work for smaller deployments that would complement commerce-coordinator for larger deployments?

We’ll be looking for proposals that have a strong understanding of the current commerce capabilities and plugin infrastructure of the platform. Price, timeline, and a proven ability to work with the Open edX code base will also be important factors in our decision.

Details on the selection and project status, as well as a draft Statement of Work explaining the proposed project in more detail, are located at FC-0015 WooCommerce Discovery . The draft Statement of Work can (and will) be amended as conversations with the providers unfold but should be considered the most authoritative source of what we are looking for from these proposals.

Please send all proposals to funded-contributions@tcril.org and cc myself at feanil at tcril.org . Feel free to contact me with any questions on Slack at @feanil or comment here.

We are looking forward to your questions and proposals!

6 Likes

eduNext will be working on this discovey. To follow along with the the work, see the #ecommerce slack channel.

1 Like

Hello! :smiley: I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to let you know that the eduNEXT team has the first draft of the WooCommerce Integration Discovery document, and we would like to hear your opinion on it. You can leave your feedback as comments in the document or through the ecommerce slack channel.

We look forward to hearing your opinion.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like