What are the correct steps for Nutmeg to Nutmeg data migration with Tutor 14.0.3?

I’m trying to see if I can work around this mysql crash error by just moving my stuff over to a different server…

I followed the steps from here:
https://docs.tutor.edly.io/tutorials/datamigration.html

1. I cloned my Nutmeg tutor 14.0.3 server, to test without any possibility of damaging the original
  2. I installed tutor 14.0.3 on the target server
  3. I stopped tutor with tutor local stop and dumped the database data with
tutor local exec \
    -e USERNAME="$(tutor config printvalue MYSQL_ROOT_USERNAME)" \
    -e PASSWORD="$(tutor config printvalue MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD)" \
    mysql sh -c 'mysqldump --all-databases --user=$USERNAME --password=$PASSWORD > /var/lib/mysql/dump.sql'
tutor local exec mongodb mongodump --out=/data/db/dump.mongodb
  1. I rsync+sshed over the data to the new server:
sudo rsync -avz -e "ssh -i ./new_server_key.pem -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" --progress "$(tutor config printroot)/" ubuntu@new_server:/tmp/tutor
  1. I confirmed I had 32GB of data and logs and whatnot in /tmp/tutor on the new_server
  2. I moved the data with mv /tmp/tutor "$(tutor config printroot)"
  3. I started tutor with tutor local start -d. And for good measure I also did a tutor local quickstart

However, at the end of all that, the new_server neither recognized my authentication credentials from the old_server, nor showed any of the classes from the old_server on the front page.

Is there something about the steps which was different back in Nutmeg?

Post-holiday bump because it seems like the tutor data migration documentation may be missing some step. Or I need to know where I can see older instructions from the Nutmeg era?