Who is the course creator request being approved by?

I created a second account intended to be another admin account. I couldn’t create courses from this account so I clicked on a button that said request to be an account creator. Now there’s a thing below my course list saying that I am waiting to be approved as an account creator. But my other account never got such a notification. Who is receiving this and how to I approve myself?

Furthermore, my inability to figure out how to set accounts as admins and staff (despite looking in the documentation for this) might be related to this problem. I have posted about it elsewhere…

Screenshot:

Hello @ginasciworthy

Go to your site’s Admin portal (www.example.com/admin) and go to the User you want to edit permissions for, then select the Staff Status option:

Hmmm…I did not know that an /admin page existed on EdX. I tried to go to it and got this error…

“For security reasons, this URL is only accessible using localhost (127.0.0.1) as the hostname.”

What does this mean?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.