About the question come sequentially

Hi there!
How can we ensure that the questions we prepare in the library come sequentially, not randomly?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @sevdesivri,

I don’t think you can have questions coming sequentially from a Library.

Maybe you should just create your own “library” of questions in a word document that you can copy/paste into any course easily.

If someone knows of a direct solution to your problem, hopefully they will post the answer here.

2 Likes

As @Dean notes above, that is not currently possible. This and other use cases is why we’re developing Blockstore and Content Libraries. We’re hoping it will be ready for general use by Maple (in other words, by December), but it’s possible it will only happen by Nutmeg (June 2022).

In the meantime you’ll have to make do with manual workarounds. If your biggest concern is reusing existing content, there a couple of ways I’ve seen it done in the past. I myself have opted to author courses using OLX and make use of templates to achieve reuse (with the advantage that you get to track development on git), but this is only viable for technical-minded authors.

I have also heard of folks configuring edX as an LTI provider, then consuming blocks in a course from a second one. Haven’t tried it myself, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t be possible. Cumbersome, yes, but in practice you do get to use existing courses as adhoc libraries.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: