Change label in registration html page

Hi,

I am new to open edx. I have deployed Bitnami Open edx, Ironwood 2.1 on GCP(Google Cloud Platform)

I have customized everything as per my requirement, stuck at one last thing. I have enabled login_and_registration in lms.env.json file. In registration page, I want to change “Full Name” label to mobile number.

I changed register-form.html in /edx-platform/lms/templates as well as same file in edx-flatform/static. But nothing is working. Can some one guide me about where to find html file associated to registration page shown in below attachment, to change label associated with “Full Name”?

1 Like

login_and_registration, this setting seems to have code for registration page in Python. I changed login_and_registration setting to disabled. It worked.

@San_K, it is not a good idea to change the name of a field from Full Name to Mobile Number as that changes the type of the data that is getting stored in the field. A robust way of doing this will be to add a custom mobile number field to the registration form by following the instructions here. There is an example registration extension form here which adds fields for the Country calling code and Phone number, which you can refer.