CLA Check Enforcement

Hey Everyone,

We recently discovered that while the CLA check is being run on all PRs in the openedx org. It is not actually a required check on most repositories. This was mostly an oversight and will be fixed shortly.

Starting today, the CLA check will not only run on all PRs, but it will be required to be passing before PRs can be merge.

If you see any issues with this, please speak up in this post or file an issue here.

2 Likes

An unrelated issue broke the CLA checker in the last 12hrs or so, if you have a PR waiting for the CLA check, you can get the check to re-run by updating the PR Title or making changes to the PR Content.

1 Like

Hey @feanil,

Last week, I submitted the form at https://tcril.tfaforms.net/f/individual-cla but I haven’t received the agreement via E-Mail (I checked both my Inbox and SPAM folders). Could it be related to the issue above?

@jalmonter what was your github Username? That won’t be related to this issue, the CLA process can take some time because it has to be reviewed by our legal team and approved before the CLA is fully executed.

@feanil my GitHub username is johnny243

the CLA process can take some time because it has to be reviewed by our legal team and approved before the CLA is fully executed.

It’s been +2 weeks already. If this is normal then I’ll keep checking my Inbox.

That’s definitely too long, I’m looking into it to see what’s going on.

@jalmonter did you get a request to sign a document via Docusign to the e-mail you provided?

@feanil I just received it a few minutes ago! What was the problem?

Thanks for looking into it :slightly_smiling_face:

There was an issue with some of the automation around sending you the docusign. We manually sent yours out just now and we’re having someone look at it to fix it now.

Thanks for flagging the issue!