Core contributor sprints - New checkin interface

I will say end of Sunday then. So @navin can continue as planned with collecting it all on Monday.

2 Likes

What is the difference? From a user point of view, it would be better to not have to care or think about the “type” of checklists – I just want to be able to cleanup the ones that I won’t reply to.

@antoviaque @Fox_Piacenti

Yip, this has been accounted for in the wireframes :+1: (the user selects “archive” from the 3-dot menu to the right of each run). The UI design for this page is scheduled to start next sprint.

@Fox_Piacenti Please can you explain your thinking behind this? I assumed the user should be able to remove any list the like, as they could always “unarchive” a list if necessary.

Edit:

Ah, I see @antoviaque is thinking along the same lines as I am:

2 Likes

I initially figured it might prevent some mistake, but if we’re doing archival methods rather than straight deletion, we should be fine on this front.

2 Likes

@antoviaque @Fox_Piacenti @ali_hugo

I have just sent out the reminder/intro to Core Contributors. You would have also received the email.

3 Likes

I hope this is a suitable thread for comments on Listaflow.

1. Somehow I managed to create a new sprint checkin list of 6/10 instead of responding to Dean’s list for 6/8. I hope that doesn’t confused anyone. I guess in the future I’ll stay away from the templates page?

2. Was the question about what can be improved removed? I think that’s a useful thing to reflect on.

Thanks for the tool. Despite my initial error, I do think it’s easier to use than Friday was.

• Peter

Peter Pinch
Senior Associate Director, Application Development
MIT Open Learning Engineering
pdpinch@mit.edu
he/him/his

2 Likes

We’ve got a few tweaks coming round the bend that should make this mistake much less likely. For now we have it in our notes to compile the results with adjustments.

Whoops! That would be an oversight on my part. Seems I missed that question when recreating the list. I’ve added it and it will show up next run.

1 Like

Such great feedback! Thanks @pdpinch :smiley:

We’re busy working on the templates and lists pages so it should all be less confusing in the future. Watch this space!

Hi @Dean @antoviaque :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought I’d give you a quick update on Listaflow.

Things are going well. We’ve just finished the designs for the “Lists” page and the “Reports” pages. Development starts on these tomorrow. We’ve also neatened up the “Templates” page and added some options for filtering. This should go into development sometime soon too.

In case you’re interested, you can take a look at the designs in the pdf below. We’ll let you know once the Lists and Reports pages are up and running.

Listaflow Progress.pdf (442.7 KB)

4 Likes

:mega: Listaflow has a logo

We thought it was high time that Listaflow had a logo, so we designed one! Meet the new Listaflow brand:

Here are a few of the other improvements heading your way soon:

Improved emails

@Fox_Piacenti @navin and I have been working on making Listaflow emails more intuitive. We wanted the emails to make it more clear to the user what the checkin was for, and what they should do next. We’ve also spruced up the design of the emails and added the logo:

Multiple choice input

Some of us participate in more than one team during a sprint (e.g. the Core Contributors and the Marketing Workgroup). Currently users in this situation receive two copies of the Sprint Retrospective & Planning - one for each team. This can make tracking hours confusing, and filling out the checkin feel like a chore. @antoviaque came up with the idea of adding a multiple choice input that allows users to select the team(s) in which they participated during the sprint. This means users should only ever receive one copy of the checkin, and then simply select the teams that apply to that particular sprint. Here is what the multiple choice input will look like:

As always, we’d love your feedback, so please let us know what you think of the updates. Thanks!

7 Likes

Just a couple items for clarity!

This is the design but it’s not (yet) live-- we expect it will be by your next checklist. You can follow the progress of this item here and here.

This should be live now. I don’t think it’s on the checklist you just filled out, but it should be on the next one :slight_smile: It may also look slightly different to the image in the screenshot, but it may look closer to it in a later update.

One more thing-- @Ali and I will be sure to post major updates here, but if you want to follow the weekly planning more closely, you can check out the OpenCraft Forum thread where we’re chronicling the weekly planning meetings. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, kudos for these improvements, and especially the multiple choice feature for people who participate in more than a single working group! :rocket:

1 Like