Installing Tutor

I am very new to open Edex and I tried installing it after several trials. I think I eventually got it installed on an ubuntu server vm hosted on windows 10 os.

I am confused how to run open edex service on the browser. when I start the app with # tutor local start, the process starts and may services shows “done” , It however doesnt return to the linux command prompt as it just shows a lot of logs …smtp_1…redis_1 bla bla bla…

I can connect to my vm using its IP but I dont know what to type to run open edex on the hosting windows. i tried http:192.168.0.1 and nothing shows
when I run # docker ps on my vm server, these process are running
4 overhangio/openedex:14.0.2
elasticsearch:7.10.0 runing
redis runing
mongo running
caddy running on port 80
mysql runing
devture/exin-relay runing

please kindly assist. How do I browse open edex, how do I know the service that are runinig

1 Like

hi

You need to add -d at the end for deattach mode

You can find the URL of the instance you installed by running the command:

tutor config printvalue LMS_HOST

This will tell you what the LMS host is. You mentioned that tutor is running inside a VM so you may need to setup DNS entries on your Windows host to point to the IP address of your VM.

Thank you so much for your response. I ran tutor config printvalue LMS_HOST it showed local.overhang.io which I tried to type on my windows browser and it did not do anything.

I pointed it to the ip on the linux vm on the windows etc/hosts file like this 192.168.0.158 local.overhang.io and it still did not show any result. I can ping 192.168.0.158 from my windows machine. When I type http://192.168.0.158/ alone it just shows a blank page.

All the service below ran when I did tutor local start -d

starting tutor_local_mongodb-permissions_1 … done
starting tutor_local_mysql_1 … done
starting tutor_local_cms-permission_1 … done
starting tutor_local_smtp_1 … done
starting tutor_local_mfe_1 … done
starting tutor_local_elasticsearch-permission_1 … done
starting tutor_local_redis-permission_1 … done
starting tutor_local_caddy_1 … done
starting tutor_local_lms-permission_1 … done
starting tutor_local_mongodb_1 … done
starting tutor_local_redis_1 … done
starting tutor_local_elasticsearch_1 … done
starting tutor_local_lms_1 … done
starting tutor_local_cms_1 … done
starting tutor_local_lms-worker_1 … done
starting tutor_local_csm-worker_1 … done

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem . blank site after installing it
So also test and prod modes brings just blank site.
So how to resolve it ? any clues ?

local.overhang.io is intended only to be accessed on the host machine running Tutor since the DNS cannot resolve on other LAN machines. You can manually edit your local machine’s hosts file to manipulate the DNS resolution, but you should actually give your server it’s own name with your domain. There’s some more info about this workaround discussed on the old forum here: Running tutor on a local LAN server - Tutor - Overhang.IO