Integrating Zapier

Has anyone tried to integrate Zapier or a similar software to the platform? I would like to add some external functionality.

Hi @JavaMatt,

Just wondering if you had any luck with the Zapier integration to your platform? We are looking to integrate with Zapier for our platform and wanted to see if you had any success.

What kind of integration are you looking into with Zapier? If you can write some scenario then I will try to help and find some solutions.

Hello, has anyone had success in integrating zapier with edx platform, in order to send communications via email to students? Can someone send the steps to take between zapier and edx?

Hi there @Melquize! :smile: There’s a new framework used by the platform (after the maple release to be more specific) called Hooks Extensions Framework that allows this very thing through a mechanism called Open edX Events. You can find a detailed description of Open edX Events here. Furthermore, in the docs, you’ll find a sample Django plugin openedx-events-2-zapier that can serve as a guide to achieving what you’re looking for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be happy to assist If you have any other questions

3 Likes