Introducing myself: Lyla Fischer

Hi @Lyla-Fischer

I remember your videos indeed!

I’m Dean from ABC Online Courses and one of the many Core Contributors to the Open edX® Project.

There are a few projects that I’m involved in that you may also be interested in!

First, Tutor is definitely a thing! It’s more that that, in fact the latest Open edX version named Nutmeg runs completely on Tutor, which provides an easier way to deploy Open edX instances among other benefits. Many people still use the native installation but Tutor is the prescribed standard moving forwards. The project related to Tutor is about testing Nutmeg, which means going through the list of test cases and checking if they work. I’m the coordinator for Nutmeg testing so I’m the right person to speak to about it. You can learn more here. I will be announcing the start of testing sometime this week (maybe today) so it’s a good time to get involved if it’s in line with your interests. For the first time we will also be creating video tutorials to go alongside the written documentation, which is being headed up by the Marketing Working Group.

Second, @jmakowski and @feanil are underway with a plan to completely restructure the Open edX documentation. You can learn more about their proposal and call for reviews here. It’s a good moment to get involved in the project as it’s gaining traction fast and such an important and cool project!

Third, if you’re interested in security, you can check out this topic here. I think, @Tim_McCormack is the right person to speak to about security.

1 Like