Is there any notion of "tagging" for units?

I’d like to “tag” some pages with Tag1, others with Tag2, and then have it be the case that if someone clicks on the Tag1 link, they will go to a page that lists all pages tagged with Tag1. Is there any notion of this sort of capability in Open edX?

(I saw this page which sort of seemed to be discussing adding such a capability? But I’m not sure if I interpreted that correctly, or if that’s just some backend database notion of tagging, not something actually exposed to instructors. And if it was for instructors, I’m not clear if it’s actually been added. (And to be clear, I’m looking for a way to tag from within Studio, not having instructors need to learn Neo4j and do things on the CLI.) cc @braden)

Hi @Rohan!

The initiative you link to gave rise to a project called Content Libraries (also known as “Libraries v2”). Part of its scope is to introduce “taxonomies”, a feature that will likely address what you describe.

Thing is, this is still very much a work in progress. A basic set of features has already been implemented (albeit not yet ready for general consumption), but at this moment taxonomies are just an item on the roadmap. In other words, we don’t know yet when it will be completed.

2 Likes