@cmuniz joined the team at tCRIL in early November, right as the organization formed. Carlos has been focused on learning how documentation works (particularly, how to build!) and has done a great job learning & doing some deep DEPR work on the
openedx-calc library. Thus, I am nominating him for write access to the following repos:
As a member of tCRIL, I would additionally like to grant GitHub Administrator rights for the
openedx organization to @cmuniz.
This access grants Carlos access to configure settings & user access on the organization and all of its repositories. He’d use the admin-level permissions primarily while taking his turn on the tCRIL on-call rotation, where the team handles both access concerns and GitHub apps and secrets management.
From time to time, we may also use the admin access for housekeeping tasks such as fixing CI configuration, managing issue templates, updating repository descriptions and curating the pinned repositories. If Carlos were to leave the tCRIL on-call rotation, he would give up this access, especially once we’re at a point where more repositories have dedicated maintainers who can be responsible for these sort of housekeeping tasks.
One caveat: This access also grants global write access, which means that he could push branches, leave qualifying PR reviews, and merge PRs for all repositories. Carlos is dedicated to the community and not using this write access.
As administrators, we are asking that you trust us to do the following:
- Have Core Contributor status before becoming an Admin
- Only use our admin power as plainly spelled out: for on-call duties that include GH access permissions, app management, secret management, and configurations (such as CI configuration).
- To not use this access as a blank check to write to all repos.
- This involves trust: despite the fact this permission confers write access to all repos, write access will only be used for the repo(s) the Administrator holds CC access to
- If access is needed to another repo, proper channels will be gone through: either asking CCs on other repos for merge assistance, or requesting elevated access permissions as per OEP-54
- All administrators will keep tabs on the actions of all the other admins.
If, at any point, a community member has issue with the actions of an Admin, they should seek out another admin, or
email@example.com, for assistance. GH Audit Logs will be used to validate any report of misconduct.
Carlos is an enthusiastic member of the tCRIL team who never stops learning. Throughout his tenure he has shown great initiative and judgement. I believe he will use these Administrator powers for good, and within the rules and regulations outlined above. We are seeking comment from the community on granting this access to Carlos.
Comment Period: 11 March 2022 - 25 March 2022