CC Nomination: Sara Burns

Hi all!

Per OEP-54 and the conversation about Axim engineers here I would like to nominate @Sara_Burns for core contributor with two different sets of permissions.

First the Aspects repositories, where she has been working since she joined Axim in mid-May. As a full time engineer working entirely on Open edX (with a focus on data and analytics) she has made over 30 PRs in the last 3 months. She brings load of experience as an engineer and manager to the project, and we’re excited to have her!

Coding Rights Sought

I’m seeking membership to the committers-analytics team so that she can join myself, @Ian2012 , and @jill in acting as a maintainer on the 6 repositories granted access there:

• aspects-dbt
  • event-bus-redis
  • openedx-aspects
  • platform-plugin-aspects
  • tutor-contrib-aspects
  • xapi-db-load

Org Admin Rights Sought

Additionally as an Axim engineer, we would like her to be able to take on-call rotation with the rest of the Axim team, and handle administrative tasks on the openedx Github organization. To do this she will need admin rights on that org. This will give her access to configure settings on the organization and all of its repositories, which are required to complete related maintenance tasks.

Technically, this would also allow her to push to any repository at any time. The right to do so, however, would not be granted by this nomination process.

Commitment

Like all Axim engineers, Sara will be devoting on average 80% of her time to work directly related to her core contributor role.

Comment period

For this nomination to pass, Sara needs 5 positive votes and no un-addressed objections by August 30, 2024: two weeks from this posting.

Edited: Updated contributions and added a link

2 Likes

+1 from me

1 Like

A big and wholehearted +1 from me as well. Sara is already a frequent source of intel to me as I try to wrap my mind around what and how we can best convey critical information to our users in Aspects.

1 Like

Absolutely yes to the nomination. Welcome @Sara_Burns

1 Like

:+1: from me as well!

Absolutely! +1

:+1: from me too! @Sara_Burns 's contributions are already a huge help on Aspects, and I’m glad to hear she’ll be helping with org maintenance as well.

:+1: it’s been great managing Sara these past months and learning so much about Aspects from her. She has onramped quickly and is enthusiastic about the data world. Thanks for being part of the team, Sara! :tada:

:+1: from me too

This passed while I was on vacation and Sara has been onboarded! Thanks all!