Core Contributor Nomination: Maria Grimaldi

Following OEP-54’s New Core Contributor Nomination Process, I would like to nominate Maria Grimaldi to be a core committer to the edx-platform, openedx-events, and openedx-filters repos (the latter two of which will move over to the openedx GitHub org in time).

@mgmdi has been a contributor to edx-platform since May of 2020, and has spent much of the past year as the primary developer for the Open edX Hooks extension framework (events and filters). The first version of the events portion of this framework is already available in Maple, and the first batch of filters was recently merged and will be available for Nutmeg. I believe this framework will be a key part of Open edX’s extensibility story in the years ahead.

Throughout the development process, Maria and eduNEXT have demonstrated a strong commitment to community engagement, with all major architectural issues being hashed out in this forum or in GitHub issues and pull requests. I’ve personally found Maria to be both patient and thorough at addressing any concerns I’ve had during the development of the project. I think the community is extremely fortunate to have her.

Commitment: As a member of eduNEXT, Maria would be committing to 20 hrs/month.

Next Steps

If you are a core contributor, please weigh in on this thread, and conclude with a definitive “yes” or “no” vote. Five “yes” votes are required to approve a new core contributor. You can read the full details in OEP-54.

Comment Period Ends: 2022-02-16

Thank you!

16 Likes

Yes, if I get a vote. Thanks for all your great work @mgmdi.

4 Likes

Hi there, community! :wave:t3:

I’m thrilled and honored about this nomination! Thank you so much for the support. And no matter the result, I’ll keep helping in any way I can.

Again, thank you!

If you have any questions, please go ahead and comment. I’ll be happy to answer

10 Likes

Congratulations!!! You have worked a lot for the community!! Success!! :raised_hands: :tada:

2 Likes

Awesome @mgmdi you really deserve it !!

2 Likes

Congratulation @mgmdi, you rock!!!

2 Likes

@mgmdi Majiooo!!!Congratulations, great job!!!

2 Likes

@robrap we’re working on clarifying this but in short, yes. We’d love feedback from anyone else at 2U/edX, as well.

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks for all your great work!

2 Likes

Definitely yes. Well deserved @mgmdi .
More powerful contributions to come :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello all, I’m so happy to see such a positive response. I have worked with @mgmdi for quite some time already and I have always seen from her an amazing capacity to solve the challenges ahead. Her knowledge of the platform is very deep now and I think she will make a great core contributor. Big yes from me.

2 Likes

I’ll add a yes too – looks like you have done really good contribution work @mgmdi :slight_smile: And thanks @dave for bringing it up and sponsoring her! :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll add a yes too. :+1:
Your work on the openedx-filters is impressive, thanks for the great work there!

4 Likes

The formal comment period is closed.

Results

:fireworks: Congratulations to our newest Core Contributor, @mgmdi!!! :fireworks:

Note: Voting is done, but you can still post additional congratulations. :wink:

10 Likes

This is great news! congratulations to @mgmdi and to the cc group which just gained an amazing member!

2 Likes

@mgmdi I’ve added you to the core contributors sprint checkins – at least I hope I did, I had to guess your email, as you’re not yet on the core contributors mailing list (FYI @sarina).

I’ve also added the other new core contributors from tCRIL who weren’t already included in the check-in: @feanil @ed @dave @kyle @arbrandes

You should all receive an email from Friday to invite you - create an account, and you will then receive the link where to do the retro. Let me know if any of you don’t receive it, or if you have trouble with it.

2 Likes