Navin’s first community contribution to Open edX (that I could find) was in March 2022. Since then, he has merged the following in the openedx org:
- 9 commits in taxonomy-connector
- 4 commits in course-discovery
- 4 commits in xblock-skill-tagging
- 4 commits in openedx-events
- 12 commits in edx-platform
- 1 commit in edx-configuration
- Created event-bus-redis (with something like 45 commits)
At least one commit each across 4 different Tutor repos, and probably some other things I missed.
I’d like to start him off with merge rights to the following repos:
Conduct and Caliber
Navin has been a joy to work with on the redis event bus project, and others I have talk to have expressed similar feelings. He has written several ADRs and worked across a wide swath of the ecosystem. I’d love to see his experience on the event bus help drive the adoption of that tech forward.
As a member of OpenCraft, Navin would be committing to 20 hours / month.
For this nomination to pass, Navin needs 5 positive votes and no unaddressed objections by June 9, 2023, a little over two weeks from this posting.