🌰 Nutmeg has been released!

It’s that time of the year again! The Open edX Build/Test/Release working group is proud to present the latest major release of our favorite learning platform… :drum: :chestnut: Nutmeg! :chestnut: :partying_face:

Please head over here to have a look at the release notes: Open edX Nutmeg Release — Open edX Release Notes documentation Speaking of release notes, hat tip to @pdpinch for compiling them :wink:

You should also have a look at the Changelog from Tutor, to check all the nice changes that have landed since you last upgraded: tutor/CHANGELOG.md at master · overhangio/tutor · GitHub

This release saw some major improvements in the release process, in particular when it came to testing. And for that, let’s all thank @Dean who was the driving force behind the whole testing endeavour. The outcomes of the test plan are summarized on Slack. Congrats to those who conducted so many tests, and thanks for your work! @Zia_Fazal @mgmdi @ghassan @Kaleb_Abebe @Gonzalo_Gomez @kmccormick

Personally, I would like to say that I am grateful for the work of the Tutor maintainers and contributors who have helped upgrade the many Tutor plugins: @BbrSofiane @sambapete @ghassan @Neo @jhony_avella You made my life so much easier!

Finally, I’d like to acknowledge the contributions of all the people who helped to identify and fix issues in the release: @Awais_Qureshi @Brian_Grossman @Fayyaz_Ahmed @cmuniz @feanil @jhony_avella @kmccormick @mgmdi @sambapete @sarina @xitij2000 I wasn’t present in every meeting so I hope I’m not forgetting anyone! :sweat_smile:

All of this could not have happened without the wisdom of our enlightened BTR leaders :bowing_man: @BbrSofiane @nedbat Your job is a bit like chasing cats in a swamp while juggling with knives on a bicycle: it’s exhausting, dirty and it hurts, but someone has to do it. You rock!

Now go upgrade your Open edX platforms ya’ll! And see you in December :olive:

23 Likes

Thank you @regis and thank you everyone who helped with this release. It was great to see so many new community folks contribute to this effort!

4 Likes