Rights Expansion: Farhaan Bukhsh

I’d like to nominate that @farhaanbukhsh get expand his CC rights to include the frontend-app-gradebook repository.

Motivation

This frontend app that is a part of the Open edX release does not currently have a maintainer and Farhaan has volunteered to take over maintainership.

Prior Work

While Farhaan has not worked in the gradebook repo directly, he does have experience in the frontend-lib-content-component, which should serve as a good datapoint for his caliber with respect to Frontend development. Farhan has also been an edx-platform CC for over a year contributing as part of contract work there including some BTR related fixes.

Please provide any feedback on this change by 2024-03-12T04:00:00Z as it is a limited scope change, it’s a short review period.

3 Likes

:+1: from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big :+1: from me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: from me too.

1 Like

:+1: from me too :blush:

1 Like

I’ve worked with Farhaan (outside of the context of frontend repos) and I’ve found him to always be friendly and helpful. I’m looking forward to him joining the Maintainers program. :+1:

1 Like

Of course! :+1: Thanks for taking on the maintainership of that repo @farhaanbukhsh

1 Like

I could not remember having worked with Farhaan before so to vote here I went to the PRs he has contributed in the past to form an opinion. I think his contributions are of a good quality, he has responded well to feedback and has very clear communication. Sufficient to demonstrate all three C’s.

I vote yes to the nomination and thanks @farhaanbukhsh for taking on the maintainer role for this repo.

1 Like

:+1: here!

1 Like

With 5+ CC Yes Votes and no “No” votes. This rights expansion is accepted.

1 Like

@farhaanbukhsh You now have write access to the frontend-app-gradebook repo,

You should be able to go through the initial maintenance checklist and familiarize yourself with the ongoing responsibilities if you are not already familiar.

For reference here is everyone who currently has access to this repo:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: will go through them!