Core Contributor nomination: Dean

Hi everyone,

Another day, another CC nomination! Today I’m excited to be putting forth @Dean of ABC Online Courses for Core Contributor consideration in the following roles:

• Project Manager
  • Content Author

Dean has jumped into managing a variety of projects, including: forums moderation, Testing Coordinator for the Build-Test-Release WG, and some project management work for Core Contributors sprints. He’s also been taking minutes for the Marketing WG, and has been on a tour of every working group - he says the only one he hasn’t been to yet is DEPR.

Dean has been very active in the Educators area of the forum. As tCRIL embarks upon the creation of a series of training courses for the community, I will welcome his knowledge of developing courses that are interactive, engaging, and fun.

Dean has been working with Open edX since 2014 (10th of June, to be precise!). ABC Online Courses have previously sponsored Open edX conferences, and are able to commit 20h/month of Dean’s time to work on the Open edX project.

I appreciate your consideration! The nomination period will be open two weeks, closing April 22.

2 Likes

I recently started working alongside Dean via the BTR WG, where he impressed me with his enthusiasm to jump into the test manager role for Nutmeg. He shared with the group the comprehensive Open edX release testing plan he is building, which I think will serve the community well for many releases to come! Thumbs up from me :+1:

1 Like

A :+1: for me as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dean 's posts and solutions are so helpful to the educator community, I’m sure he’ll do a great job on the training courses too! :+1:

1 Like

@Dean goes out of his way to be helpful to the community. I have no objections to him being Project Manager and Content Author. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve worked with @Dean to organize the check-ins and retro recap of the core contributors sprints, and he has been an amazing contributor. He seamlessly took on tasks, and did a really good job, improving over the existing processes and contributing ideas all the way. Kudos, and thanks! :+1: from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @antoviaque! :smiley_cat:

Thank you everyone for your input! I’m pleased to announce that @Dean is the latest addition to the Core Contributor program :tada:

As a reminder, runbooks for Core Contributor onboarding and offboarding are here: https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/COMM/pages/3359342743/Participant+Administrator+Runbooks - Dean, please go ahead and check out the Non-committer runbook and make sure you’ve got those things completed. As the administrator, I’ll then go through the Administrator runbook.

2 Likes

Dear @sarina

Thank you for recruiting me from the forums! I’m really glad to now be an official Core Contributor! Thanks to everyone who voted yes and/or gave me support with my tasks so far. :slight_smile:

I will complete the runbook tasks come Monday.

@nedbat thanks for the unforgettable journey so far!

1 Like