Core Contributor Nomination - Eden Huthmacher

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to nominate Eden Huthmacher, @Eden_Huthmacher, as a new core contributor focused on translations and marketing. The fact that Eden hasn’t been officially named as a Core Contributor is an oversight. She has been acting in a leadership role in a number of working groups for some time.

Introducing Eden Huthmacher

Eden has worked on the Open edX project for many years and joined Axim Collaborative in 2021. She has been an active contributor and leader of multiple Open edX Working Groups during this time.

Under her leadership, the Translation Working Group has introduced the idea of officially supported languages and worked to ensure that translations are completed for each release. At present, there are 19 supported platform languages.

Eden has also been an organizer of the Open edX Marketing Working Group, a group that collaborates on increasing the global visibility and adoption of the Open edX platform. That group has launched important initiatives like targeting conference attendance, the demo sandbox, optimizing the project website, and collaboration around marketing and outreach to publicize the platform.

Comment period

For this nomination to pass, Eden needs 5 positive votes from current Core Contributors and no unaddressed objections by 12/08/2023: one week from this posting. I am proposing a short comment period given Eden’s longstanding involvement in the project.

6 Likes

!?! Definitely +1 from me. I’ve just been assuming that she’s been one all this time.

1 Like

100%! Eden is fantastic at working with the community, and has contributed so much already!

1 Like

I definitely vote for Eden, she is always available and works very hard for our community!!

1 Like

@ehuthmacher you are an exceptional and highly skilled community expert, always available and ready to help. I am proud to welcome you to the Core Contribution Programme.

1 Like

+1

I was also under the impression she was already a CC. Absolutely incredible work leading the Translations WG!

1 Like

Why, a +1 of course! Eden has been essential to these efforts from the beginning, and hopefully being a CC will make her job easier! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely +1
I am surprised she wasn’t a CC.

1 Like

+1! Eden has been for a long time now an essential contributor of the Open edX community.

1 Like

+1

I am giving my vote in strong support of @ehuthmacher as a core contributor and also express my sincere appreciation for the outstanding support provided by @ehuthmacher in the Open edX translation working group. Eden’s dedication and expertise have truly set her apart as a core contributor.

1 Like

Absolutely yes to this nomination.

1 Like

Oversight indeed. +1 from me too.

1 Like

That’s an easy +1

1 Like

OMG yes :100: ! I too thought Eden was already a CC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 !! @Eden_Huthmacher CC
Her approach to problem-solving and collaboration sets a high standard and fosters a healthy, thriving community.

1 Like

+1. I also thougth she already was a CC!

1 Like

+1!
I fully support Eden’s nomination. She brings out the best in the working groups she is leading. She’s already made a ton of positive contributions to the community.

1 Like

+1
Absolutely agreed that Eden she’d be a CC. Need her to help keep the Marketing Working Group in check!

1 Like

Not that you need more endorsements @Eden_Huthmacher , as I think you have already broken past project records here ;p but definitely +1! Thanks for all your continued work, for many years now.

1 Like

+1 for Eden :slight_smile: