I’d like to nominate Glib Glugovskiy, @GlugovGrGlib on GitHub, as a new core code contributor with access focused for now on the credentials domain.
Glib is a software architect at RaccoonGang who has been focused on designing and implementing shareable verifiable credentials capabilities into the Open edX platform.
The comprehensive documentation of the design is available in the wiki and was predominately authored by Glib.
That documentation served as a starting point for several Architectural Decision Records that were merged across multiple projects:
- Issue verifiable credentials to learners ADR
- ADR for migrate certificate signatures
- Plugin extensions ADR
His work has also included identifying externally supported libraries to supply key functionality and pushing changes we require upstream, feat: provide context loader for json-ld methods by GlugovGrGlib · Pull Request #8 · spruceid/didkit-python · GitHub.
Implementation is currently underway and Glib’s nomination is supported by the maintainers of the credentials projects. Adding a core contributor to these projects who is actively advancing the functionality will allow us to reduce contribution friction.
- GitHub - openedx/credentials: Service hosting course and program certificates
- GitHub - openedx/frontend-app-learner-record: Open edX micro-frontend application for viewing learner records
- GitHub - openedx/credentials-themes: Themes for the edX Credentials Service
As is typical, Glib would commit to contribute 10% of his time to do core contributor work focused on learner credentials.
For this nomination to pass, Glib needs 5 positive votes and no unaddressed objections by 3/30/2023: two weeks from this posting