I’m excited to introduce to you a new working group that will focus on the overall code health of the Open edX project. The Maintenance Working Group will focus on the following goals:
- Ensure the repositories that support the Open edX core product offering are well maintained.
- Support maintainers of Open edX Repositories
- Find/Replace maintainers as needed
- Prioritize and coordinate major dependency upgrades
- Discover and prioritize improvements to make the Open edX ecosystem more maintainable
- Develop and document best practices for using maintenance tooling such as Dependabot and Renovate and serve as a center of expertise for such tools.
The working group will NOT:
- Do all the upgrade work.Non-goals
- Arbiter every decision regarding architecture or practices for specific parts of the code.
- If it does not impact the whole project , we defer decision to local experts.
Video Conference Link: https://meet.google.com/cbx-ybic-gyq
Or dial: (US) +1 646-580-9917 PIN: 664 986 152#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/cbx-ybic-gyq?pin=4527517331914
This meeting is also posted to the Open edX Working Group Meetings Calendar.