Seeking Maintainers: Priority 1 Repos

Hi all,

On the Release repos & Maintenance Priorities spreadsheet we are urgently seeking maintainers, currently focused on Priority 1 repos.

We have a number of Priority 1 repos where no one has expressed interest. Please comment in the spreadsheet, in the “Owner Interest” column, if you are interested in taking on maintainership. If you for certain can take on maintainership, please indicate that clearly.

Priority 1 Repos Without A Home :sob:

openedx/frontend-app-ora-grading
openedx/edx-rest-api-client
openedx/frontend-app-shell
openedx/frontend-app-ora
openedx/frontend-components-tinymce-advanced-plugins
openedx/openedx-app-test
openedx/edx-organizations
openedx/edx-proctoring
openedx/edx-search
openedx/edx-when
openedx/acid-block
openedx/crowdsourcehinter
openedx/openedx-calc
openedx/openedx-chem
openedx/studio-frontend
openedx/tinymce-language-selector

If you or your team expressed interest in a repo that you can no longer support, please comment directly in this thread. Also comment with questions and thoughts.

Thank you,
Sarina

cc @antoviaque @Felipe @Kelly_Buchanan @jristau1984 @feanil @Michelle_Philbrick

3 Likes

Hi @sarina

I am working with @feanil for some of these repos and have interest in helping with those. I’ve already raised some PR on them.

I can put up my name as interested pary in these repos in sheet but I don’t have edit access.

openedx/edx-rest-api-client
openedx/edx-celeryutils
openedx/edx-when
openedx/openedx-calc
openedx/openedx-chem
openedx/user-utils
1 Like

Looking at that list I could volunteer to maintain openedx/edx-organizations as I’m very familiar with that code for all the multitenancy filtering work. I’ll make a nomination about it.

edit: nomination link

1 Like

Since edx-organizations is already taken I can help with maintaining edx-when :slight_smile:

@chintan @Felipe @farhaanbukhsh - thanks for stepping up!

If you’re already a CC on the repo(s) you’re volunteering for, I think you can go ahead and claim maintainership by updating catalog-info.yaml in your repo. Otherwise, you should go through the nomination process to become a CC on the repo - in your nomination post, you should indicate that you also wish to be a maintainer. And - you’re totally allowed to nominate yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

@sarina & @Michelle_Philbrick As discussed on the OpenCraft forum, I’m happy to take the edx-rest-api-client, edx-drf-extensions, repositories. As suggested, I nominated myself.

1 Like

@sarina I have made the nomination post :slight_smile:

1 Like