Core Contributor Sprint Retro - April 15-29th

This has been discussed on Tuesday during this Tuesday’s Contributors Meetup :

@Dean will post a list of plugins that need to be upgraded, and discuss with @regis how to coordinate on this kind of work – eg. where to keep the list of tasks to delegate for these upgrades.

In the next month I would like to line up video content for the CC Onboarding Course, lining up people to participate in creating some video content. Please let me know if you want to be in one! or are at least willing to! They will be short and I can provide an outline of what to talk about. (@sarina)

On this one we mentioned to post a reply in the current thread for those who are interested, like @Dean did above. Btw I’m also happy to participate to some of the course videos, where helpful.

Many people is working on data analytics projects. We need to onboard them to the data wg and unify efforts. Define a target strategy for the data wg so that all core contributors can work on a unified project (@Andres.Aulasneo)

@Andres.Aulasneo took on the action item to follow-up on this during the next data working group meeting.

Better ways to include people remotely at the conference? Through more/better async components? (@antoviaque)

On this, I took the action item to start a feedback thread about the conference on this forum, which I’ll do shortly.

Avoid duplication of work — eg on Tutor+Kubernetes (@antoviaque)

The next step on this seems to be to continue discussing it, and starting to designate areas where we’ll collaborate? Maybe this could be formalized by submitting a formal OEP for making those part of the official project? I’ll follow-up to make sure we allocate time for those discussions, either async or in a meeting.

I’d like to see all the Calendar Invites for all WGs to be located in one place for anyone to easily access. (@Dean)

@jalondonot will look into this, and try to set something up.

I also see that @Dean has just added some of the missing ones on https://openedx.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/COMM/pages/46793351/Working+groups

1 Like